Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Getting Back in Shape :(

I’m not normally a Gwyneth-hater (and, gasp!, I think she’s actually quite talented — though she should probably draw the line at acting), but I was somewhat exasperated by her “every woman can make time” comment about working out. She can apparently work out with her “kids crawling all over the place”. That’s a nifty trick, and I wish I could do so as well. But I guess it’s easier when you have a full-time nanny and a chef and a personal trainer and space (space!) and and and…But again, I’m not about Gwyneth-bashing. Of late, I’ve actually started to agree with her.

Here’s the reason:

What a discovery!!! For $18/month, you can practice yoga just as you would in a yoga studio but in the comfort of your own home. You can choose from an infinite number of classes, organized by duration, style, level, instructor, etc. Right after I’ve dropped C off at daycare, or when C goes down for a nap, I just set my mat down, and I’m good to go. The classes are wonderful and as challenging as you want them to be. Highly recommended.

I’m not going to lie and say that I’m in tip-top shape. But that’s not yogaglo’s fault. If I’m not in awesome shape, it’s because of my daily indulgences at the local bakery/pastry shop. And now that I’m pregnant again, all bets are off. (Insert croissant into mouth. Exit.)

No comments:

Post a Comment