Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Cell Phone Pix of the Kids

So color me paranoid, perhaps, but due to a recent brush with what I thought was a potential stalker (and actually may be, though I haven’t heard from him in a while), I feel somewhat justified. I’ve gone through all of my Facebook privacy settings and set them to “Friends Only”, I’ve de-friended people I don’t know, I’ve removed as much information from the internet as I can (though not wholly successfully), etc. So imagine my horror when I found out that I’ve been broadcasting my exact location whenever I’ve taken a photo of my adorable daughter with my blackberry. Thankfully, I’ve only posted photos of C on Facebook, and a google search reveals no photos of her. Anyway, if that scares the bejebus out of you, check out this news clip:

And since this particular news clip doesn’t tell you how to remedy the situation, check out this informational website, which will give you information on how to disable geo-tagging on your smartphone.

In the meantime, cheese! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment